Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten - Necessary Evils

You know, the things that are very annoying to have to do, but you kinda can't live without them.  This has been my list in my head lately because of number 1...

1. Pumping.  I only did this at night (some nights) in the summer to keep my supply up, but now I have to do it three times a day since I'm back at work.  Oh well.  My goal is four more months!

2. Velcro.  If so many baby items need it (swaddles in particular, which are used when the baby is sleeping), why does it have to be so LOUD?

3. Eating.  I go through seasons when I actually enjoy eating, but when it's 105 degrees outside, I'm trying to set up a Kindergarten classroom, and I have a baby on my hip most of the day, I do not feel like or have time to eat.

4. Using the restroom.  Too many other things to do!

5. Brushing, flossing, washing my face.  I put these together because I have to do all three before going to bed.  I've tried to be a rebel and go to bed with my makeup on a few times, but I'm up within three minutes because I can't stand the thought of waking up in shame.  :)

6. Going to the post office.  This has to be one of my least favorite errands.  I just want to ship a package that should take 30 seconds, and if it were smaller, I could just stick it in the mailbox.  But since it's a box, I have to go stand in line for 20 minutes with, you guessed it, a baby on my hip.

7. Paying utility bills.  Ours last month was the highest it's ever been, and the highest I've heard of out of  my friends in the area.  However, our a/c runs nonstop just to keep it 75 degrees.  I can't see where we could cut back.  Ready for fall and winter!

8. Sweeping and mopping!  We have too much dog hair not too, and since the biddle is crawling everywhere, we have to be even more diligent.

9. Keys.  I have keyless entry to my car, so I never know where they are when I get to the door holding my purse, diaper bag, and a baby on my hip (in a van down by the river).

10. Baby carseat.  I wish wish wish I could hold her in my lap while driving or riding and that this were the safest place for her.  But it's not.  So on long trips we can either listen to her cry the saddest cry in the world, or I can ride in the back and get carsick from trying to make her happy, which doesn't work anyway because she really just wants to be held.

Anything you can't live with, can't live without??

3 comments:

  1. I second the carseat and would like to add washing dishes/unloading the dishwasher to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am just seeing all these posts and i am loving them all so so much! and i hate going to the restroom too. inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete