Since having Claire (well really, since getting married), I haven't been the healthiest eater. This summer, it's been so much easier to run through the drive-thru at Chic-fil-a than to make something at home. It's just hard to go to the grocery store with the biddle now because if I put her in the cart she cries, and if I put her in the Baby Bjorn, she eats my grocery lists out of my hand (really - it's happened numerous times. Sneaky little thing!) But no more excuses. I am taking baby steps to add more veggies to my diet, eat at home to save money, and have three meals a day (instead of one meal of chicken tenders and waffle fries). These are my typical meals this summer:
1. Southwestern Egg Beaters with spinach, oatmeal, and decaf HEB Houston Blend coffee.
2. Turkey sandwich on 15 Grain bread with spinach.
3. Crackers and cheese and brussels sprouts.
4. Fully-cooked frozen chicken breast and mixed veggies.
5. Lean Cuisine and asparagus.
6. California Club Pita.
And for dessert. I can't be healthy all the time.
7. Cookies and Cream ice cream.
8. Amaretto chocolate syrup ice cream soup.
9. Lindor truffles.
10. Sea Salt Soiree Ghirardelli Chocolate.
Any other quick/healthy/economical/yummy suggestions??
God Knows by Lisa Whittle
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment