I can't believe our little biddle is six months old! Time really does fly. Everyone tells us that, and we have seen that it's so true. It feels like only yesterday that we were taking her home from the hospital, trying to figure out how to change a diaper!
Here are some pics taken by an awesome photographer in McAllen. Look at other posts on her blog - she's fabulous!
Also, she had her six month check-up today. She's in the 5th percentile for height and weight. She was in the 10th, but the doctor said she looks great and healthy, and that it's not uncommon for breastfed babies to drop down a little in percentile at this age. Time for solid foods! She's tried a few and loves rice cereal, carrots, sweet potatoes, and butternut squash. Those are all orange foods though so we have to watch out because if we feed her too much, she'll turn orange. :) She hates pears, bananas, and prunes. So weird because I love sweets and ate them all the time when I was pregnant.
Speaking of foods, since I've been home and need to feel productive while she's napping, I've been making her food. A friend gave me a great cookbook that gives simple recipes that involve steaming or baking veggies and fruits and pureeing them. Oxo makes great baby food freezer trays. Just freeze the puree and pop them out of the ice trays and store in containers or freezer baggies.
And finally, Ranger and I are getting to sleep at night! She is now on a schedule. It was impossible before because she was somewhere different every other day during the school year. Now, she takes two to three naps a day and sleeps 12 hours at night. And in her own room! So Ranger and I are sleeping in the guest room upstairs so we can be next to her. More for us than her! :)
I'll leave you with a few pics from our visit to McAllen last week. She went swimming for the first time and LOVED it! Can't wait for more fun in the sun with her.
God Knows by Lisa Whittle
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment