Saturday, March 20, 2010

Micah Day (11 days late)

Tuesday, March 9 was a special special day. Micah Lea Davis celebrated her birthday! Micah came into my life when I was three years old. She and Dad came to pick me up, and she says her first memory of me was when I was standing in the window waiting for my Daddy to pull into the driveway. But enough about me, this is Micah Day (11 days late)! After the two hour drive from Nederland to Houston, I was sold. She even let me "make milk" in the kitchen sink when I wanted to help with dishes.

Later on, when Micah and Dad decided to get married, Mom came in our room and told us, "Daddy and Micah are going to be married. Now she's going to be Micah Davis. You're going to have a stepmom!" WHAT??? A STEPMOM?? My only experience with a stepmom at that point was Cinderella's evil stepmother. I was so afraid that this nice lady that my dad had introduced me to was going to turn into a wicked monster who made me scrub the floors and wear ugly clothes. But my mom eased my fears, and the more time I spent with Micah, the evil stepmother fear proved to be untrue.

I am so thankful to have Micah in my life. Here are some pics of the pretty lady.

At the lakehouse


Dad and Micah - you guessed it - at Christmas time


Shakin' it to the music of Eazy or Brothers of Another Mother (Dad's bands)

No comments:

Post a Comment