Sunday, January 15, 2012

13 Months

(Mostly) Cute things Clairebear is doing these days:

1. Taking up to four steps at a time.  Why walk when Mom and Dad hold you all the time?  :)

2. Attempting to bark like Norman, or any dog, even cartoon dogs on tv.  But instead of saying "woof woof" like her cousin Luke does, she says, "Uh-Uh!" and nods her head.  And she usually points her finger like I do when I'm getting on to Norman.

3. Hides things in convenient places like trash cans and bottom drawers.  Found some keys in her diaper bin the other day.

4. Sticks her finger in our belly buttons.  When she does it to me, I yell.  So sometimes, she'll just lift up my shirt and start yelling.  She has a hard time finding hers though because she has an outie.  Our current favorite bedtime book is The Belly Button Book by Sandra Boynton.  We love it!

5. Points and yells at something when she wants it, regardless of where we are.  How do you explain the "inside voice" to a one-year-old?  Really, any advice is appreciated!  Or we could just cook at home and avoid restaurants, but that's no fun.

6. Starting to show interest in crayons and pens.  Her artwork consists of holes and dots in papers and furniture, but we are proud nonetheless.

7. Loving her "babies."  She has nine stuffed animals, a pillow pet, and a blanket in her bed, and she plays with all of them when she wakes up in the morning.  This buys us about 15 extra minutes of sleep on weekends.  :)  Her favorites are her Jellycat monkey, puppy, and purple bunny.  She clutches them tightly when we get her out of her crib in the mornings, but we have to remember to put them back in her bed at night!

8. Eating more!  Claire has never been a very big eater, but her new favorites are chicken, yogurt, honeydew melon, puffs, and yogurt melts.  She really never gets full from these things, so maybe she will move beyond the 3rd percentile pretty soon!  Applesauce is a hit, too.

9. Climbing in our drawers, boxes and shelves.  But she makes sure to throw everything out onto the floor first.

10. Gives me "mommy kisses," which means she puts her whole mouth over my lips and gives me lots of slobber.  We're working on not biting when she does this, but it's so sweet that I don't mind the pain!

Oh we love that LBB (little bitty baby) so much!

2 comments:

  1. She is the most loving little sweetie! I love her hugs and how she pats me on my back when she hugs me. I miss y'all and can't wait to visit you soon! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Thanks for the update. I think we will be in town the first weekend of Feb. I'll give you a call ;)

    ReplyDelete