Ok I'm going to try to keep this thing updated. To be honest, I lost my steam because I didn't know anyone read it! But thanks to Carley and Morgan, who commented on the last post, I am inspired to write today. :) So here's what's going on with the Ewing household, OLDest to youngest:
Ranger:
- Started back on Body 4 Life Monday. Just the eating part though. Workouts will come soon, I'm sure of it.
- Has been making frequent secret trips to the antique store downtown to get treasures for NGV. That's how he gets his fix. I get mine in the baby section of Target and Old Navy. To each his (her) own.
- Wishes he worked full-time at NGV.
- Keeps Claire Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Baby Bjorn is his best friend.

Of course there's more to him than that, but maybe he'll want to revive his own blog to tell you about it. :)
Megan: I went back to work February 15 after 10 weeks home with Claire. I miss her and think about her throughout the day, but I know she's in good hands with her daddy on T/TH and Bethany M/W/F. Of course when I'm home I spend every waking (ok, and sleeping) minute with her. And I've somehow figured out how to be way more efficient at work so I can be outta there at 3:30. Can't wait for summer though! More about me another day. :)
Norman: Acting like an old man these days. Somehow he hurt himself turning a corner in the kitchen. He was moping around for a few days, so I took him to the vet. Two x-rays and $100 later, he seems to have pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve. Oh Normie.

Claire: So much to say about the little biddle! Let's break it down.
Milestones -
* Started smiling around 5 weeks.
* Started cooing around 5 or 6 weeks.
* Started turning towards voices and following objects/people (not sure when this started).
* Rolled over from tummy to back the day before she turned three months old.
* Laughs.
* Reaches for things, like people's mouths when they talk.
* Grabs and holds things like blankets, pacis, toys, my hair...
* Holds her head up high during tummy time and controls it well on her own when we have her upright.

Likes -
* Her exersaucer.
* When we blow puffs of air into her face.
* Peek-a-boo.
* The toys hanging from her car seat handle.
* Sleeping between Mom and Dad. Every night. We love it too. :)
* To be center of attention. As soon as we get our food at a restaurant or sit down to eat at home, she wants to be held. I'm getting really good at eating right-handed since I hold her with the left. :) Also, we went to the mall today and she apparently loved the way her voice echoed in there. She kept yelling "Ahhh" but she was content. Not sure if the other shoppers thought it was as cool as she did.
* Her baths.
* To jump. Loves her jumparoo.
* Wishes she could stand all the time.
* TV. We don't turn it on for her specifically, but if we're watching it, her head twists around to find it!
* When her dad plays the guitar and sings to her.
* Her Miracle Blanket.

* Her left pointer finger. Also, she figured out how to suck her thumb last night when I was holding her. It was so cute I teared up a little.
Other info you must know -
* Wearing 3-6 months clothes.
* Weighs 11.5 lbs.
* Stays awake a lot during the day. Usually takes one long nap and a few shorter ones.
* Sleeps most of the night. She wakes up to eat once but falls back asleep quickly while she eats. Goes to bed around 11, wakes up for the day around 9:30.
* Has blue eyes right now.
* Her hair is growing, getting lighter, and maybe a little curly!
* Claire's four month doctor's appointment is tomorrow. Please pray that all is well. :)
Thanks for sticking with me this long! Be back soon.

GOOD to have you back!! Love love love it all!
ReplyDeleteLOve this...keep it up. So fun hearing about each of you.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Claire with her thumb is just so so cute!
love you all...mg