Friday, February 5, 2010

My Squid - Part 2

Well, Ranger is officially 30 as of yesterday. I am so thankful to have him as my husband, best friend, and partner in life (and crime!). Some bday boy pics from the big night:


Before I met him, I was becoming settled on the idea that "the one" didn't really exist, that God has a moral will but that within that moral will, we can choose what we do, including who we spend our life with. I still believe that, but with throwing out the idea of "the one," I also believed that when it came to finding a husband, I should lower my expectations of finding a good fit. I figured that I probably wouldn't be naturally attracted to him AND have fun with him AND have the same belief system, etc.

All my life, I've liked really bright things and things that sparkle. I wore different color neon socks, and anything neon for that matter, in elementary school when all the other little girls were wearing pastel shirts with pictures of cats on them. Instead of coloring a picture, I'd make designs out of glue and shake different colors of glitter on it. When I was a cheerleader, I saw every game as an opportunity to sparkly purple pixie dust on my eyes and bright pink blush and lipstick. And I LOVE the night sky away from the city when there are tons of stars.

I guess the best way to describe Ranger is that he's sparkly glitter to me. God totally exceeded my expectations and prayers when He brought him into my life. He's not just a van Gogh painting, he's Starry Night with silver and blue glitter sprinkled all over it. But in the manliest way possible, of course. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! You are so good at expressing yourself, and it is so fun to hear what you are thinking! So you know, I love having a sister in law who is so sparkly and glittery! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete