Friday, January 29, 2010

Real Life Reader

Until now, I've never been much of a reader. Well, I take that back. In third grade, I read every Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley (Twins & Friends, High, AND University) book. My favorite book was one I ordered from a Scholastic book order, My Zombie Valentine. I'll never forget that the main character's name was Xia Dedd. Then as I got older, I always found other ways to occupy my time. But NOW... I'm a real life reader! I always see Ranger reading and it seems like so much fun. He stays up later than me because he can't put down his book. I wanted to be in on all the fun, so I asked for a book for Christmas and read it in less than a week, which is a really big deal for me! Since Christmas, here are the books I've read. I'll keep the list updated and let you know what I think after I finish each book. I'd appreciate any recommendations as well! :)

1. Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer. It took me almost a year to read this. I saw the movie first and wanted to be a reader so I bought the book. I loved it, but I'd read a lot and then forget about it for a few weeks. I finally finished it right after Christmas!

2. Looking for Alaska, by John Green. The librarian at my school read it and liked it almost as much as Twilight. She's really cool and I like her taste in clothes and fun, so I gave this a try too. It was a fast read (great for a beginning real life reader) and a great story. Kind of heavy in some parts, but I liked it.

3. Something Borrowed, by Emily Giffin. Mallory heard that I am becoming a reader, so she let me borrow this and the next one. It's certainly a "chick flick" (does that term apply to books?) but very entertaining. I read this one in a week too! :)

4. Something Blue, by Emily Giffin. This one is the sequel to Something Borrowed. It's written from the other best friend's perspective, and it brings closure to the first one. It's really good and ends well, which I like. I read this one in one weekend, a record!

I'll keep you posted on my progress as a Real Life Reader.

Books I've read in 2010:

6 comments:

  1. Sister Cake!
    Yay, I love your blog ...you are so cute!! It will be fun to hear about what you are reading and get ideas of new books to read. I will send you a list of fun books I think you might like. You might just be the perfect motivation for me to keep blogging(it has been a real long while) Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please do! I check it all the time to see if you've updated. You're so fun and I love reading it! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for starting a blog!! I read them daily on my "down" time or to jump start my mornings!! And, I LOVE reading. I devoured all the Twilight books...super fun...and I'm reading Something Borrowed and Dear John as we speak! How fun! Um - I miss you! When are we hanging out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was on bed rest I started the Harry Potter series, my goodness I'm obsessed. I finished the series before Amelia was born. They were most of my reading in the last year. You need to get a library card or I find lots of good books at our Goodwill (it can be an expensive hobby). These are few others I read this year and enjoyed, check em out.
    1. Redeeming Love (Francine Rivers, didn't read it this year but is a staple)
    2. The Other Boleyn Girl
    3. The 19th Wife
    4. Marley and Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to read these Morgan! I loved Redeeming Love! Want to try Atonement Child too. Thanks for the recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any books to suggest, but I just want to say I love your blog and I love you more!!

    ReplyDelete